Pig Pen's 89 GMC 2wd SAS Auto to SM465

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

I am wanting to SAS mine. I know ORD has a kit for this but haven’t really looked into it yet but this is mine now

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
semi float 14b. Kinda looks like a detroit, but with so many options for lockers nowadays, hard to say. Makes me wanna start the SAS on mine. DIY4X is another great place to get stuff.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol. sorry fellas. That ring gear is out of a giant tiger cat skid loader.
ring gear is probably 30”
About 2 to 3 times bigger than anything in a vehicle. I was being silly. I have the 9.5 semi in mine. Has a g80 for now but Detroit will make in there when I get I rolling.It will have Detroit’s from and rear.
Chevyluvr is see you have the vette roll pan. Those were the hotness back in the day. I agree you can do no wrong with DIY4x or ORD. They each have their positives. The ORD stuff I can swear by how easy the install was. They are top notch. I almost went with the DIY rear flip but decided to go with ORD because of predetermined shackle angle. If I can help on any of you guy’s projects please reach out.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got it mobile enough to get it home. First plan of attack was to get some shocks underneath it and fix the steering. The axle had to come pretty far forward to get good clearance around the crossmember so the high steer was not at an ideal angle.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is after new dropped pitman arm and moved the steering box forward around 4”.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please help. If anyone has any experience with converting cable drive to VSS I need to verify things I’ve read here.
My understanding is I have the 2k pulse per mile that was originally on my 2wd 700r4. I now have a cable driven np208.
[URL='https://tpiparts.net/inc/sdetail/10539/7586']
https://tpiparts.net/inc/sdetail/10539/7586
[/URL]
this appears it would work but I do not think I have a buffer box. I am also having trouble finding a proper wire diagram for the 2k pulse setups. I can’t find a buffer box behind the glovebox but I need help verifying please.