PhotoShop Contest #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Horns - freakin AWESOME!

How do you get the outlines around the windows so precise on a color change?

Thanks! You'rs looks absolutely sick too. I love that color combination, and I love how to extended the lower grill down. That lower grill makes the look of the car.

for any outlines, I use nothing but the pen tool. Actually for any selection, I use nothing but the pen tool. And I use zero tolerance. You just gotta get up way close to it, take your time, and make sure it's a perfect match.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I use PS 7.0, is it the Pen Tool or the Free Form Pen Tool?

I just messed with that tool right now and I don't think I understand how to use it haha....yet!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Oh wow, 7.0 really? You need an update dude!

But just the regular pen tool. Check out youtube for some tutorials.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Thanks! You'rs looks absolutely sick too. I love that color combination, and I love how to extended the lower grill down. That lower grill makes the look of the car.

for any outlines, I use nothing but the pen tool. Actually for any selection, I use nothing but the pen tool. And I use zero tolerance. You just gotta get up way close to it, take your time, and make sure it's a perfect match.

Well for a color change, I create a new layer, blending options, Satin or Color Overlay (and mess with the opacity, colors, vivid light, etc)
Then delete what I don't want in the layer - I think that there must be an easier way, but I'm self taught in this - so I just mess around, till I find something that works

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Oh wow, 7.0 really? You need an update dude!

But just the regular pen tool. Check out youtube for some tutorials.

It's a "free to me" copy, so I can't update it... lol

I'll check it out, thanks!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Well for a color change, I create a new layer, blending options, Satin or Color Overlay (and mess with the opacity, colors, vivid light, etc)
Then delete what I don't want in the layer - I think that there must be an easier way, but I'm self taught in this - so I just mess around, till I find something that works

Start looking at some tutorials for the pen tool. I use the pen tool to make a path around the entire body. Then I select the path. I then use the pen tool and make a path around things like the grill, lights, and windows, and subtract that path from the selection. I then create a new layer as you said and use the overlay blending mode for the color. Sometimes I take the original body color under the overlay and remove all of the saturation so that color doesn't look funky.