Another odd 1/2ton 3/4ton suspension mix question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraig

Reaction score
After reading those other posts, I believe if I get a Blazer & want to make it 8 lug front & back I'd probably swap the rear end & then cut the front end clip off the K2500 and weld it in place of the blazer front clip...assuming there is a spot in front of the body mounts that would allow that. Wouldn't know until it is time. OR be smart, put in high quality parts and keep the tire size 35" or under and don't go spinning the wheels like crazy with sudden stops (like mud spinning then hitting pavement) Yea...I don't think I want to go thru all of that and then question if I'd have it right.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you want 8 lug up front, it's easier to just SAS it. The diff itself isn't terribly fab intensive to swap in keeping it 6 lug as has been posted on the first page. Best option for your application, if you really want IFS and 8 lug, would be to splice the frames at the factory spot. I believe we have a member here who did this to make a RCSB 8 lug 2500.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your gonna go thru the BS of grafting a 2500 on the Blazer frame, might as well do it once and just go SAS. It's not that hard, kits are out there, and get rid of the weak IFS crap.