Patch?or stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Por 15 and insulating my truck.. in rear came across this
Is this a patch to access the fuel pump or stock?
96 2 dr Tahoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its a patch. Most likely cut out to access the fuel pump IDK, but no truck came OE with an access panel. Dealers pull the gas tank to get at the fuel pump. They dont cut holes in the bed, or floor. Looks like something a P O did.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree it looks like a patch. If oem, it would be inset with a lip under it and screwed down. So it would not be snagging anything loaded into the bed. Possibly have a gasket to keep dirt, noise and fumes from coming up through it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is it metal or something else? Almost looks like sound deadener applied to insulate against fuel pump noise.

Richard

I'm with him ^^^^, doesn't look like a patch at all to me. Look at the thickness, really looks like sound deadener to me.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a sound deadening panel under the carpet. It's a Tahoe, not a pickup. That's a carpeted interior area.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a sound deadening panel under the carpet. It's a Tahoe, not a pickup. That's a carpeted interior area.
After looking on my lap top, I agree it is a sound deadening panel. The pic was hard to see on my phone. try to pry it up a little, and see what is under it. Should be just a rubberized tar like panel with the metal bed under it if it is a sound panel like it looks to be.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. It’s a rubber like material but tar like also. I por 15 around it as I’m going to sound deaden the fest of it. Thks to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk