Passlock Bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am curious... You mentioned having "interesting" electrical issues. I am experiencing some also, especially my door locks begin locking and unlocking themselves until the battery is dead. I've been told it is BCM related but I've had confusing answers on how to find the BCM in my 98 K1500. Can you offer me some advice on this?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I am curious... You mention "interesting" electrical issues. I am having them too it seems. My door locks keep locking and unlocking unless I remove the circuit breaker. I've been told it is the BCM and finding information on just where this is located has been quite confusing. Can you help me with this issue for my 98 K1500?

I am curious... You mentioned having "interesting" electrical issues. I am experiencing some also, especially my door locks begin locking and unlocking themselves until the battery is dead. I've been told it is BCM related but I've had confusing answers on how to find the BCM in my 98 K1500. Can you offer me some advice on this?

There is no BCM in the GMT400 series of trucks unless you have an escalade/denali and even those BCMs are limited in function.

Your locks are controlled by 3 things basically, the switches, a relay set and the keyless module if so equipped. It sounds like one of the 3 is failing in your case, I'd start by tracking them down.

My interesting electrical issues were due to the poor factory grounding in the 6.5L trucks to the intake stud on the motor, to ground the entire interior electrical system. My locks worked fine.