Parting out my truck. What's its worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I come here to ask for some help. My truck was wrecked. police put both parties at fault. Point is, i did not get reimbursed. So now im left with my truck that doesnt run or drive. Im parting it out. I would like to know how much i should sell it as is as a whole, or try and part it out. To give you some detail all the damage is on the rear end. Ex: Bed, rear axle, drum brakes, with the exception of the front bumper i broke by trying to drag it in my back yard. Ill post some pictures. But i would like to know how much i could get out of it as a whole, or if i should just part it out. If i do part it out, how much should i sell each thing for? Ex: motor, trans, interior etc. After the crash, initial impact, the truck was still running. When i got it back from the tow yard 2 weeks later, i hooked up some jumper cables but wasnt able to start it. Truck had charge but wouldn't crank over. Maybe fuel lines disconnected. Not sure.
You must be registered for see images attach

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you say "Truck had charge but it wouldn't crank over", do you mean the starter was working and the engine was turning over but wouldn't start, or that the starter wouldn't even turn the engine over? The reason I ask is because if it turns over but won't start, it may be well worth your time and $$ to find out why and get it running. Being able to listen to an engine run will add several hundred dollars over scrap value.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you say "Truck had charge but it wouldn't crank over", do you mean the starter was working and the engine was turning over but wouldn't start, or that the starter wouldn't even turn the engine over? The reason I ask is because if it turns over but won't start, it may be well worth your time and $$ to find out why and get it running. Being able to listen to an engine run will add several hundred dollars over scrap value.
I could hear the starter click but the engine wouldn't crank. Then again i tried jumping it with a puny honda civic. I Had my friend tell me that when you get in a car wreck the fuel lines disconnect so the vehicle won't catch fire. Dont know if thats true or not

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never heard of them cutting the fuel lines, especially since it would be much easier to just pull the fuse/relay for the pump. Even if they had cut the fuel lines, that wouldn't stop the engine from turning over. Again, if you can get it running or even get it turn turn over with the starter it's worth far more money.

Best wishes,
Steve

racnredneck

Reaction score
im interested in your rear bumper, how much and would you ship ground slow boat form china? just a metaphor.... to az... 85641

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
depends on your location, I know a guy looking for some bigger parts

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they wouldn't cut the fuel, cutting the fuel lines would result in @ bare minimum of the fuel in the lines leaking out & causing a potential fire hazard.

well if they were smart they wouldn't .

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I come here to ask for some help. My truck was wrecked. police put both parties at fault. Point is, i did not get reimbursed. So now im left with my truck that doesnt run or drive. Im parting it out. I would like to know how much i should sell it as is as a whole, or try and part it out. To give you some detail all the damage is on the rear end. Ex: Bed, rear axle, drum brakes, with the exception of the front bumper i broke by trying to drag it in my back yard. Ill post some pictures. But i would like to know how much i could get out of it as a whole, or if i should just part it out. If i do part it out, how much should i sell each thing for? Ex: motor, trans, interior etc. After the crash, initial impact, the truck was still running. When i got it back from the tow yard 2 weeks later, i hooked up some jumper cables but wasnt able to start it. Truck had charge but wouldn't crank over. Maybe fuel lines disconnected. Not sure.
Where are you located ?