Part 2637 Motor mount - manufactured wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip Parker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just FYI - I am putting my L29 back into the truck and the motor mounts I got are manufactured slightly off. The third hole that mounts lower down on the frame is off by about 3mm and will not let the bolt through.

I went to 3 different auto parts store today and compared like 5 brands to the originals - they are all off like whoever did the measurements got it wrong or whoever setup the tooling got it wrong.

These mounts are for 350s, 454s and diesels.

Don't throw your old ones out!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Five brands...probably all made in the same factory on the same tooling...in Communist China.

Those folks could screw-up ANYTHING.
Photo 1. Mount comparison. http://hbassociates.us/K1500_Engine_Mounts_03.jpg
You must be registered for see images attach

And the Communist Collaborators in this country let it happen.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Five brands...probably all made in the same factory on the same tooling...in Communist China.

They own the US and all of our federal politicians. It’s really sad.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yessir that is chinese "quality fade"
Some bean counter figures out that can pump shareholder value by fabricating parts in China.
So they take the specs and drawings and sign a contract and go home all happy as hell.
And the first shipment or two will meet that spec.
Just long enough to establish "performance of contract" so they recieve that first progress payment.
Then they are ******.
The only enforcible part of an offshore contract under Nafta and Cafta and an insane amount of other treaties is the part where you have to pay them no matter what.
Chinese contracts are entirely without any type of recourse or enforcible action.
And so are Canadian and Mexican contracts.
But, if you attempt to withhold payment
The US state department will drop on you like a bag of bricks and you will end up paying those *****.
And it isnt just steel and fake bolts.
Its also shampoo that freezes and pet food that kills your dogs and cats and batteries that light on fire in the middle of the night.
Reminds me of a Jay Leno joke from a few years ago.
"The Chinese just announced they are recalling several tons of lead out of fear it may be contaminatted with toys"

And a little often overlooked pentagon report that in the event of a ground war in Asia the US Army is ****** within 90 days because we dont make boots or socks or underwear anymore.
Except exotic lingerie and maybe some Tony Llama cowboy boots.

Run that invasion picture through your mind.

Go down to Home Depot.

Washington State used to be the lumber capitol of the world.

That is all gone. they cut those towns off at the knees and left them to die.

That plyywood at Home Depot has made in China on the edge.

The crab and salmon that used to be a huge part of the northwest economy is still caught in Alaska.
But it is shipped to China and processed and brought back with a "wild caught Alaskan" label on it.

We are all of us well and truly ****** if we dont stop this.
And your crazy ass stupid conspiracy theories are just a mental jackoff to keep you from dealing with reality.
And that is my rant.
Go get a friggen vacine shot or sit at home and do just what the Chinese want you to do.

Last edited:

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know- I ended up using my old stock mounts and using poly inserts. While they are a bear to get in (used a vice and tack welded the shells together/ zip ties are a nice idea but not practical) the mounted right back up to stock bolt holes and ride like stock. I have the poly tranny mount too and no vibes in cab or rear view mirror shakes.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s a big difference in that mount dimension.

Like many things, a completely broken junkyard GM part often works better than a new aftermarket one.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had the same experience with 2 chinese mounts, had to enlarge the hole, then the through bolt wouldn't go in. my old mount was made in israel and was a perfect fit, so bought the same brand and got an exact part as the chinese. enlarged the hole and at least the through bolt got in. next time i'll use the summit insert on the old shell.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take your old shell, tape off the backside, and use 3M window sealer to fill it in. Boom! New motor mount. I just can't remember which 3M sealer I saw Tony Angelo use on that episode of Hot Rod Garage. I can't even remember what car he did that on... the Bonemaro maybe?