Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Woohoo!!! Welcome to the 21st century!! Lol
Had to extend the wiring harness as the deck that was in there previously had the plug on the drivers side, this one is passenger side so it would reach.
Now gotta read through the manual and see how to run the damn thing.
May tackle installing the dash speakers after lunch. But I'll probably just nap instead and deal with it next weekend.
But woman has some big plans for the backyard that involve me and a mini bobcat and gras removal and dirt install.
So maybe a few weeks out, and still have to buy an overpriced sheet of MDF and get the desire to rip the interior out after I just got the thing able to go out cruising.
See what the future holds.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Woohoo!!! Welcome to the 21st century!! Lol
Had to extend the wiring harness as the deck that was in there previously had the plug on the drivers side, this one is passenger side so it would reach.
Now gotta read through the manual and see how to run the damn thing.
May tackle installing the dash speakers after lunch. But I'll probably just nap instead and deal with it next weekend.
But woman has some big plans for the backyard that involve me and a mini bobcat and gras removal and dirt install.
So maybe a few weeks out, and still have to buy an overpriced sheet of MDF and get the desire to rip the interior out after I just got the thing able to go out cruising.
See what the future holds.
Dash speakers and cruise for the few months of good weather. Install the yet-to-be-built box when the weather turns nasty again.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, got my front speakers wired in and up and running.
For cheap ass 4x6's running off a head unit when in accessory and truck not running, results were as expected...lol.
They make music come out louder than my phone sitting on the seat, so that's a win in my book.
Paired it to my phone and it worked, so that's cool, can fast forward songs etc from the deck. I like that as the 5.0 don't appreciate a phone in your hand while driving for some reason. Lol.
BIG $$$$$ tickets!!!!
Didn't play with the time alignment stuff yet, just adjusted the balance so I could actually hear the passenger side.

Now I'm going to tighten all the header and collector bolts up. I have a tick that I can't pinpoint, so I'm going to start with those.
Borrowed my dad's stethoscope of that fails to stop the tick. I really hope it's that and not something under the valve covers!
BUT......that may just be the excuse I need to pull the pin on the LS swap grenade!!! Lol

Speaking of which, had a rain day at work and dropped by a auto yard in the city.
HOLY ****!!!
They had one 6.0 available, down on compression he said, wanted $2400 PLUS a $400 core charge!!!!
Asked about 5.3's, they had a bunch, let them out the door for about $2000.
Email another yard across the street from them, they wanted MORE!!!! $3700 for a "rebuild", didn't ask for a rebuilt, wanted a pull out.
Now look....I'm a sane and rational guy, I truly am. I know my time is valuable as well as they have a business to run.
But when the pick n pulls in the area charge around $350 for a motor....I am NOT paying someone $2000+ for the privilege of doing so, I'll gladly give up a sat or sun to hit up a yard.
Talked to my one buddy......and that's actually penciled in for next weekend.
But as the story of my life (Social Distortion NOT the "other one") goes.....see what happens.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp.... about a minute after posting my plans for tracking down the tick, woman comes to the garage and has a smoke with me, and then asks if i'm coming for a nap.... damnit.....she knows my kryptonite!!! Lol

So planned for an hour or so, ya, three hours later. LOL
Then I come down, my youngest asks if we can go to the park for a while. I agreed as we haven't gone for a while due to weather or just being busy. So off we went.

Then came back home and woman reminded me we had to fence off the section of the yard we removed the sod and rototilled up so our meathead dog doesn't get in there.
So did that and then it was time to head out for the week.

Oh well. At least I somewhat have tunes now.
And there's always next weekend.
Baby steps are still steps forward.