Parking brake problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished a 14 bolt semi floater swap into my 94 half ton that had a 10 bolt. I finally got it all installed and my rear drums are dragging. Not enough to lock wheels up but enough to barely let it roll down my driveway. The wheel cylinders are new. The brakes have been bled. I'm suspecting the drums are adjusted a little tight. My bigger problem isI the pedal for the Ebrake cable became very very firm with about 2" of movement before I can't push it down any tighter, with my 10 bolt it used to press down about 9". Why. Did my cable get so tight? How do I adjust it looser. The one adjuster by the drivers rear leaf hanger looks like it only adjust one side. Experience and help appreciated

Sent from slow non-vortec IPhone using tapatalk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
They use different cables, did you install the proper length cables when the differential was changed out>?

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I was under the impression you did not have to change them, is there anyway Ivan adjust them loose enough to work ok?

Sent from slow non-vortec IPhone using tapatalk