Paint Scheem Ideas

What paint scheme should I go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I've wanted to paint a vehicle for quite a while, and my truck is the perfect candidate. The clear coat is badly damaged, there is one rust hole behind the driver's rocker on the cab extension, and I just got a cowl hood. I haven't painted before but if it doesn't come out perfect I won't cry over it. If nothing else this will help me practice for the 39 buick that I will need to paint eventually. My problem is this: I don't know what paint scheme to go with. The passenger bedside is pretty wrinkled up (I simply don't care enough to fix it.. cost/benefit isn't there), so black would look pretty bad, I'm not a fan of the OEM color, though I don't hate it. So, I've considered a full color change, but I have the red interior, and am definitely not going to put the time in to paint the inner fenders or doorjams (or bed for that matter, its got a drop-in liner). I plan to de-mold it when I paint, so I will be painting at least over the moldings, as well as probably over the body line at the waist to get the hood. I could leave the middle the factory color, and just refinish and re-clear it.

Thoughts?

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Paint the whole thing white. It will help hide the dents. It has to be a pretty bad paint job to make white look bad.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
silver is the closest to white I'll go. No real reason other than I don't want a white truck

WIk1500

Reaction score
I voted to keep it the same color, one, because i like that color, and two, because it looks terrible when you dont jam a vehicle for a color change.
But thats my opinion. If it doesn't bother you, then go with a color change.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote same color unless if you do change it you redo you innerdoors, jams and engine bay.