Oxidizing Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a paint question for my 92 Z71. It's black and the paint is old and faded, but I'm not ready to spend a whole lot of money on a paint job yet. I think I can get a few more years out of what I've got if only I could figure out how to do it. I tried some Colorback from TurtleWax and that was a HUGE mistake. I tried it on the tailgate first, and it completely washed it out- it looks awful. The rest of the body looks ok except the oxidation that is occurring here and there. Not really knowing what else to do I just threw some wax on- which worked on the oxidation, except it filled in and highlighted every scratch on the paint, which is considerable considering its 22 years old and black.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys have any good ideas about what I can do to bring the old paint back to life some. Any advice would be much appreciated.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go here...If Dylan and the gang can't help no one can.

This thread will show you what their products are capable of. Yours may not be as bad as this was.

Last edited: