Overhead Console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wanting to recover(the area covered by fabric) the factory overhead console. I've removed the fabric and would like to know the best way to remove the adhesive residue that is left behind?

Thank You!

You must be registered for see images attach

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a hand wire brush. Dont use one on a power tool lol. Oh and scotch brite is good too

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You! Just the regular green pad? I've got most the different colors and grits from polishing aluminum.

Last edited:

Marko Garcia

Reaction score
For this sorta thing, I LOVE 3M’s General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner.
Tip: use a garage quality paper towel, fold in half, soak an area just large enough to use four fingers to rub the cleaner thoroughly into the gunk u’re trying to remove, let it absorb. Use a plastic scraper to remove the bulk of the adhesive. Apply some more cleaner to a terry cloth towel and rub the area clean.
DO NOT let the cleaner sit on the plastic for a long time as it will soften the plastic, but don’t panic, it takes a good while for that to happen.