Overflow container restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I got the doorman one... its a china special buuuttt it works as it should.... unfourtantily it says "made in Twain" on the bottle... nothing a summit decal won't fix ;)

I wouldn't mind Taiwan as much. They're actually making some pretty decent stuff, and aren't communist. I'm always disappointed when I buy something from a Taiwanese company that ends up being made in China. I'm not sure why they do that, if it's labor rates, or land, or both.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Taiwan as much. They're actually making some pretty decent stuff, and aren't communist. I'm always disappointed when I buy something from a Taiwanese company that ends up being made in China. I'm not sure why they do that, if it's labor rates, or land, or both.

It's labor rates and who has line space open at the time the order comes in for the manufacturing run. Asia is bad about companies taking orders when they have no space to run the job. So they sub contract it out. It happens here too but not as bad as asia.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I got the doorman one... its a china special buuuttt it works as it should.... unfourtantily it says "made in Twain" on the bottle... nothing a summit decal won't fix ;)

You must be registered for see images attach
Nice looking truck, super clean engine compartment. Are the blue Bowties on the valve covers breathers? They look neat in any case.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

oilspot

Reaction score
well.... just picked up a doorman unit at Autozone for $15.99. Lifetime warranty and they had it in stock.
Can't really go wrong there. I'll keep my OG one in the event that I ever decide to do a purist restoration somewhere down the road.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
well.... just picked up a doorman unit at Autozone for $15.99. Lifetime warranty and they had it in stock.
Can't really go wrong there. I'll keep my OG one in the event that I ever decide to do a purist restoration somewhere down the road.

How thick is it? When I looked at one several years ago, I didn't like how thin and cheap it felt.

DaCoupe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a aftermarket Taiwan made one in my truck for 5 years and never had a issue. Thickness is the same as oem in my opinion.

It’s just a overflow bottle that holds zero pressure.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOT water, some Dawn dish detergent. Scrub it out with a bottle brush as suggested. When all the coolant and "easy" contamination is gone, you're ready for Round Two.

Round Two involves a "short fill" of HOT water and Dawn, but throw in some Playground Sand. A few nuts 'n' bolts, anything small and durable. Put the cap back on, pinch the hose shut. Shake the crap out of it. Let the sand scrub the inside of the tank. The nuts and bolts agitate the sand. The longer you shake it, the cleaner it gets.

Dump out all the sand and hardware, rinse well.