On star opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Condolences, and I hope you and your family are doing alright.

I think the theory behind OnStar is, if you have an emergency and can't get to your phone, they can call help for you.
If you pay for it. That's the problem, we have the technology to add this to every vehicle for about $5, and not charge a thing for it. Instead we let the manufacturers put it behind a paywall. Then we also let them monitor everything that's said in the vehicle (whether you pay for OnStar or not), and sell that as well. F*** OnStar.

George Orwell was right that Big Brother would be watching our every move, he just didn't realize the corporations wanted that power even more than government.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

If you pay for it. That's the problem, we have the technology to add this to every vehicle for about $5, and not charge a thing for it. Instead we let the manufacturers put it behind a paywall. Then we also let them monitor everything that's said in the vehicle (whether you pay for OnStar or not), and sell that as well. F*** OnStar.

George Orwell was right that Big Brother would be watching our every move, he just didn't realize the corporations wanted that power even more than government.
There is a large segment of the US that is ok with a big brother being companies.
A lot of the poltiical right views it as on their side, winning and owning the libs and a lot of the political left started viewing the same in saviors/deity status sometimes.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

I think when Orwell wrote that book, no one had any idea that corporate greed would get to the levels it has....
I was in the Class of '84, and our British Literature teacher felt like we needed to have in depth knowledge of this book. So that class devoted a month to it!