Looking for opinions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Y'all falling in love with brand names :rofl: just go on amazon and order some SCITOO and slap it together, call it done.

I'm kidding of course. When looking for a cheap UCA to help "fix" my previous 300 SRT8 after my buddy wrecked it, was going for making it mobile enough to be driven up on a trailer for the new buyer, I started checking around for who had what. There's a mind-blowing amount of no-name/white box/junk in a plastic sack auto parts out there; who'd have ever thought it? Surely a lot of this crap makes its way into "brand name" packaging and we pay more for it. The seemingly made-up-outta-thin-air "brand" names you see on amazon that just scream "lowest grade Chinesium you can buy" and yet these places exist, and apparently people are buying it.

I bought SCITOO because it was cheap and I was simply hacking a wrecked car back together. I mean, I didn't even wanna spend the $50 for the UCA. I used a few bucks worth of black iron pipe and couplers from the Ace hardware to replace the broken strut. The strut tower area was damaged enough that I could only slide the UCA bolts through to hold it in place but mission accomplished; I drove the wrecked car up the ramps of the buyer's trailer. There was some complaining from the taco'd wheel that I'd beat back into mostly-round with the sledgehammer, but it made it, so it was a win. Gotta tell you, getting that car mobile again inside a 10x20 storage unit in July heat, while recovering from covid, was not fun!

(Disclaimer: buyer owned a body shop and was informed 100% what I was doing to hack this thing back together.)

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That was definitely the time and place to be cheap!
The downside: freaking SCITOO is now embedded in my search data so now FB serves up ads to me for them. I don't even think they have a FB page, yet they have FB ads. One popped up and I thought to myself, what in the hell..

Who even makes up the brand names for the crap you see on amazon? That's got to be some early AI at work.

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Apparently they're now aware that their name isn't socially acceptable and they're trying to change it to "Dickase". I think they should keep it "D!ckAs$" just for the Idiocracy of it.
They will live forever as Dickass Brakes, in my memories, anyway

YOU CAN GO HOME ON THE ROAD WITH A STABLE MOOD, EACH OF THE QUALITY IS GUARANTEED

Richard