Ok y'all, looking for ideas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I had my wish list come true I would have a curved light bar on roof. 2 rigid lights under the rear bumper for backing up or aux. Police door spot light(black LED) .. if I had a Winston 1PC grill I would put 2 square rigid LED lights. If I had 4x4 or 2500 I would do a front hitch. Hidden cable receiver. Console I like the best is a nbs center seat/console. Last protect your carpet. Rubber mats front,middle,rear,and cargo

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
This is why I need a new bumper. Helping my brothers move their grandad, I had about 5k lbs. worth of trailer and stuff, and the car two vehicles ahead stopped almost the instant the light went yellow. Like screeching tires kind of stop. The '18 Ram 1500 in front of me stopped in time, but I didn't. I had no trailer brakes, so it kept pushing. And I committed the cardinal sin of looking down for my soda at the wrong time.

Good news for me was the Ram was a tall 4x4, so I didn't touch ANY of his sheet metal. Only his tr-ball receiver hitch. If you look closesly, you can see all three points.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How hard was it to swap in that console? I really like the look of it!
It was not hard. I cut the bracket that holes it down. Those Tahoes (2002-2006) the bracket that the console is mounted to, bolts under the inner seat bolts. So you have to pull the seats to install the console. I just cut the bracket and did away with that. Where my 60-40 drivers seat bolted on the inner side, that was in the trans hump. So I used those bolts to bolt down the console bracket. I did have to make an extension bracket for the front hold down, and I only used the 2 forward bolts of the console. No big deal for me, I am a welder. I just finished making the next section where I will put a Chevelle horseshoe shifter, but the shifter will be a while before I install it. I also have some trim work left to get the 2 consoles to fit together better. The last pic, is the type of shifter I will use.