CB Radios and no idea what im looking for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys im looking for a little advice, I want to get a cb radio but since there are tons of them out there I have no idea whats decent. It will be mainly used for convoying trucks so nothing crazy distance really thats about it. I would also like it to fit in that slot under my stereo. Just would like to hear what you guys use and as for whips go id like one off the roof or on one of the front corners of the box.

cheers

greg

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a cb to fit under the radio your going to need a small one like a uniden 510/520. The cobra 19 is the same size but makes a better door stop than a radio.

I think most people here are running fire sticks for antennas, I am anyways. I currently have a cobra 19 but I'm looking to replace it because its junk....

Antennas
You must be registered for see images attach

Radio mounted
You must be registered for see images attach

Im looking to replace this one with either a cobra 29 LX or a uniden bearcat 880. They are to big to go under the radio though. I will put then in this same place though.

Last edited:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Interesting topic. I have been thinking about adding a CB lately. For when SHTF and the cell towers go down. :tinfoil:

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
For a cb to fit under the radio your going to need a small one like a uniden 510/520. The cobra 19 is the same size but makes a better door stop than a radio.

Good thing I read this tonight.....was thinking about getting one

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah, that's exactly where I was gonna get it! :anitoof:

That's where I got mine an its pretty much unusable. lots of static on the receive that I can't get out. A 510 isn't but like $15 more an is a much better radio. Wish I had never sold mine.... :nono:

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Now I don't know about CB's, but I have read that if your antenna's aren't "tuned" it won't receive very well - just a thought

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I've tried everything that has been recommended an it hasn't helped. its the only thing left :lol:

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Well my early morning Walmart run has now been cancelled, guess I'll have to wait for some other suggestions :hahano: