CB Radios and no idea what im looking for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Thanks for the thanks.

Any further questions just ask.

Im no pro radio guy, but i get around.....;)

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
That console is also a little different now:

You must be registered for see images attach

I needed an inverter and a 5v source so i cut down this:

And grafted it in. Added lots of switches to control lots of systems and since my iphone 4s does everything the ipod did (and more) and hangs on a windshield mount, i glassed over the recess and mounted the cb mic holder there.

I am considering mounting the controls for a texas star 350w linear there also, but might just give that a pass since i'd never use it anyways.

Mostly just for the "ooooo-ahhhhh" effect.

And just in case the radio police are waiting to pounce on the fact i own a linear and start pointing craggly old long yellow nailed fingers at me , i've got an amateur radio license so go throw stones somewhere else....it nuzzles up quite nicely to my firearms license in my wallet...Canada, eh?

Last edited:

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
My setup:

I get no wind noise and pretty good distance with a clear signal.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a question (not trying to jack the thread but it seems like the proper thread to ask). I'm mounting my CB in the dash cubby underneath the HVAC. I made the faceplate for the cubby and whatnot, now I'm measuring a hole to cut out to mount my Uniden PRO520XL. Its cute and fits in the cubby, so I bought it. Haven't used it so I can't recommend it yet but it seems alright.

I need to move the speaker for it cause its underneath the CB and it does me no good sitting in that cubby practically sealed up. My question is, I was wondering if I could just cut the speaker wires, and reconnect longer wires so I could mount the speaker elsewhere. I know I could buy an external speaker that plugs into it but that does cost money and doing this would literally cost me less than $2. I don't know if the speaker and the amplifier for it are special cause they are inside a CB or not. Any help, much apprciated!

heres a pic of my modded CB:
115554[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• 101_0380_zps48a75030.jpg
    101_0380_zps48a75030.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If it's like most you can remove the speaker from the case and run some wires.

My recommendation would be to buy an external speaker though.

The speakers in most "full sized" cb's are pretty cheap and tinny to start with. Mounting it "free air" probably isn't going to improve that scenario...