Offroad Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Now that my rock sliders are on the way I'd like to protect my front and possibly make a mounting point for a winch. I like the way Bggrnchvy's protection has turned out. Figured I'd see what other members have done and get some imput. Here is one I found that someone made and I like the style but would like a stinger of some sort on it

You must be registered for see images attach

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
It would depend on how strong you want it. IMO a mild plate steel of either 4130 or better yet 4340 would be plenty strong for the majority of applications. A 4'x8' sheet would probably run you anywhere from $250-$400 depending on what thickness you want to go with. I think 3/16"-1/4" would be plenty thick.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yes. It's so nice to be able to find a shop that does good work and that I can go to. Thanks again for the recommendation

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
It would depend on how strong you want it. IMO a mild plate steel of either 4130 or better yet 4340 would be plenty strong for the majority of applications. A 4'x8' sheet would probably run you anywhere from $250-$400 depending on what thickness you want to go with. I think 3/16"-1/4" would be plenty thick.

Thanks bro. I'm just trying to see cost wise if it's better to try and tackle this with a buddy or spend the money on a pre fabd bumper.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That bumper above looks pretty basic, you could probably use your stock bumper to make a cardboard template & then just get the dimensions off the stock bumper mounts & add mounts to the tow hooks reinforced since you could have shackles/d-rings on the front of the bumper instead. The more I think about this the more interested I get in tryin this myself. But I wanna wait to see how my sliders turn out first.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yea thats what I was thinking. I wasn't sure if I'd have to fab up a new mooting location because my front hangers are where the tow hooks go. So I'd have to see if mounting there would interfere with my hanger

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is the kind of bumper i want

drisco made this bumper out of some 6x6 1/4" tubing from the frame of a farm implement i believe

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks good, need to bring it out a little farther though. That way when you do hit something it will hopefully just push the bumper in. Right now it would push the whole front end in along with it. Also would look sweet with like a simple stinger guard on it.