OEM fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got these stock fender flares off a full size 1994 blazer for $20 and I am just wondering if anyone has drilled the holes for the upper mounts or did they just 3M double sided tape them? If so, do they hold up well?
thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Top is held with double sided automotive grade emblem tape & the inner fender lip screws to the fender.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
The bolts are not necessary, I have the lookalike pocket flares on my truck.. all they have is clips on the fender lip, with 3m tape on the top edege too i'm sure they'll be more than sturdy enough.. and if not you can always add holes, its hard to take them away though.

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
Top is held with double sided automotive grade emblem tape & the inner fender lip screws to the fender.
and also you dont have to worry, that 3M tape holds up very well its got a great bond. With that said, make sure you have it right were you want it before you stick it on.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the help!
and also you dont have to worry, that 3M tape holds up very well its got a great bond. With that said, make sure you have it right were you want it before you stick it on.
align, check, rechack....stick haha. i think i'll put the tape on the flare and leave the backing on the other side, then line it up and pull the backing off while against the fender. done something like that when i put my side moulding on and it worked well.
I will let you guys know how it works out, trying to get my sas going soon first though.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine have tape on the upper and screws on lip... Hold up great, just wish they weren't $150 a pop :nono: :nono:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
You know, I never knew that those flares had holes going through the body until I pulled mine off last week. I get all the small screws out underneath....then try to pull them off and it's like I didn't remove anything! So I'm sitting there thinking WTF, then crawl underneath and see there are nuts coming through the damn bed!

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know, I never knew that those flares had holes going through the body until I pulled mine off last week. I get all the small screws out underneath....then try to pull them off and it's like I didn't remove anything! So I'm sitting there thinking WTF, then crawl underneath and see there are nuts coming through the damn bed!
haha, iI found that out when I was taking a set off at the junk yard. I just yanked them out, the screws in the fenders were a PITA. I had 3 off when an employee told me he had 4 already off sitting in a van, couldn't have told me that 40 min before!