OBS only , painted interior pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
What are you guys using to build your center consoles? Taking them from other models or building your own wood boxes or........

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to steal some measurements from the expedition at work because it is the perfect height for an arm rest, has cup holders in the perfect spot, and enough room for a single 10" sub enclosure or a DVD/screen for the rear seat passengers.

Then I will use some cardboard to mock up a console, xfer that to MDF and cover it with vinyl or leather.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to get a few pics of my smoothed bezel and door hand trim.

But how does the 4x floor shifter knob come off? is it glued or screwed? I am taking a manual machining class next semester using lathes, bridgeports, and CNC and I want to build a custom knob for my truck since we have to do projects and I figured I would make useful things.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here's a pic I got today of some work I done a week or so ago, just krylon fusion painted plastic nothing special.

You must be registered for see images attach

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to get a few pics of my smoothed bezel and door hand trim.

But how does the 4x floor shifter knob come off? is it glued or screwed? I am taking a manual machining class next semester using lathes, bridgeports, and CNC and I want to build a custom knob for my truck since we have to do projects and I figured I would make useful things.

i dont think it comes off? ive tried and could never get mine off . my buddy told me the older ones came off but not the 95+ i think but i may be wrong

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Any luck on finding a pic Blue 92? No real hurry, its just that I have my dash apart now to replace a switch so I may try to paint it while its already apart

No luck man, my buddies working outta town and doesnt have a pic on his phone. Sorry man! You can try painting it, i think itd look good. His looks good i just wish i had a pic of it!

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
No luck man, my buddies working outta town and doesnt have a pic on his phone. Sorry man! You can try painting it, i think itd look good. His looks good i just wish i had a pic of it!
I guess I can always do it white and then go with charcoal grey if I dont like it