OBS/LS harness mating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some recommendations on anyone that can pair my 1997 4.3 auto trans harness to a standalone LS 5.3 harness. I started modifying a factory harness I had to make my own stand alone, but having my first little one this month so not sure how much time I will have to work on my projects lol

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some recommendations on anyone that can pair my 1997 4.3 auto trans harness to a standalone LS 5.3 harness. I started modifying a factory harness I had to make my own stand alone, but having my first little one this month so not sure how much time I will have to work on my projects lol
Anyone?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a ton of them already done. On other Chevy forums and Square body . Trucks forum, and others.

trackster12

Reaction score
Don't cut anything when you pull the engine, there are several wires that you can use to simplify the swap. The coil, injector and starter wires can feed the LS components . Gauges, TCC, ECU, AC and cruise control circuits can be utilized as well and save a lot of 'dash diving'.
Label the wires as you remove them.
The large connectors on both sides of the firewall and the production ECU connectors contain about everything you need and several that you don't. There are several Youtube vids that I looked at that helped and several that were way off base. The GMT 400 wiring diagrams help a lot.