OBD1 Scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a $50 Seven Inch Amazon Fire tablet, install Google Play, look up ALDL Droid in the play store, Install it, and you're off to the races. You don't even need to root the tablet.

Yeah, I was already looking at that :D Thanks!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO 12psi is a little low s/b closer to 13. Take a timing light and shine it down the TB and watch the injectors spray, they should be even cones with no dripping.

Is your knock sensor working properly and its wire in good condition? Do you hear detonation or is it showing in your data logs? An exhaust pipe rattling on the floor boards can cause false knock count.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dana Harris, is that you on GearHeadsEFI as DHarris894? I just noticed your thread there...

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't see the usefulness of that graph, because it's not correlated to throttle position or RPM or any other measure of engine output.

HOW MANY cells are represented in that graph? What is the load on the engine at those various percentages?

The way I see it, you've got a heaping pile of useless information. There's no point in trying to make sense of it until you can relate it to engine operating conditions.

He was attempting to show what could be done...

Not enough info in this log? These are not canned log setups. Pick more information and log that too. It's gathered and recorded at the same time to look at later with software that can fold spindle and mutilate the data.:D
That's the beauty of logging and taking it to a PC with a lot more processing power and memory along with a larger screen than your measly little 7" Android or 15" laptop.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post and it's a suggestion of what info he should add to the logs to make it more useful. If so carry on...

If you need to control various solenoids etc on an 88-91 truck you'll need a Mastertech MTS 3100 or Tech 1A or Solus with the appropriate software and cables. 92 and later you can use a Tech 2 with the proper software on the flash card and cable adapters.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schurkey - I played with the arc of the needles on the BLM and INT, looks better? You can change positions of gauges and which ones you want displayed...

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's an example of a History Table - you can also export these to .csv files

You must be registered for see images attach

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's pretty good for software that's written for vehicles that ended production 30 years ago and an OS, Windows XP, that's been completely obsolete for several years.
The developer is still providing updates so this is not abandoned like some software for these old vehicles.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schurkey - I played with the arc of the needles on the BLM and INT, looks better? You can change positions of gauges and which ones you want displayed...
Excellent feature...I had no idea.

I'm used to just reading the numbers displayed on my MTG2500. I seldom use the graphing feature, although it's worthwhile having it.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty good for software that's written for vehicles that ended production 30 years ago and an OS, Windows XP, that's been completely obsolete for several years.
The developer is still providing updates so this is not abandoned like some software for these old vehicles.

Yes, I'm running it on Windows 10. With a lot of reading and questions I'm learning more everyday. TunerPro RT can be used on OBD2 also...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/1298009-tunerpro-rt-v5-tutorial.html

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's folks there that are more than willing to help. Unfortunately most of them use TunerPro RT. If you could download it and record a data log, you can post it. That way they can look at whatever parameters which would help identify your problem.

If you click on the "More Options" button in the lower left, you can upload files.

Do you have a USB ALDL OBD1 cable and a laptop?

http://aldlcable.com/aldl.asp

Again, here's a good tutorial...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/1298009-tunerpro-rt-v5-tutorial.html