OBD1 Datalogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Hahah yeah for sure. I've spent a lot of time going through this one recording today haha.
I've updated the original post to be somewhat of a how-to to get TunerProRT working for our OBD1 vehicles.. If you get a chance to look, let me know if you think i'm missing something. I know I'm probably missing a lot of things. But a second set of eyes and another brain'll do wonders these days:lol:

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I'm still learning and have a long way to go,butt...I'd say this,your knock count is low :waytogo: and from what I've seen that's a good thing,you guys must have good gas.From what I see I'm guessing you just started your truck a few minutes ago and it's still warming up,perhaps it just went into closed loop :dunno:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I'm still learning and have a long way to go,butt...I'd say this,your knock count is low :waytogo: and from what I've seen that's a good thing,you guys must have good gas.From what I see I'm guessing you just started your truck a few minutes ago and it's still warming up,perhaps it just went into closed loop :dunno:

Haha yeah I was driving by that point let her warm up for 5-10 mins then went for a drive. Knock count after 16 mins was 5, so yeah I would assume lower the better! :lol:
However I meant if you get a chance to look at the original post, let me know if it would be informative enough to get someone set up with OBD1 and TunerPro!

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Your OP looks pretty good to me,you've explained it well and have really gotten into this :waytogo:

It would be nice if someone here gave it a try to confirm the procedure as you've explained it.I started back in April(IIRC) and it took a few weeks to get things to act right because I had no clue what I was doing,just kept trying things until they worked

I normally use these programs as diagnostic tools when my burb has a problem and have helped a lot.For those who want to burn their own chips these programs are a necessity.

Almost forgot,you might add this link http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm to find an .xdf file for a particular vehicle.

Last edited:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Your OP looks pretty good to me,you've explained it well and have really gotten into this :waytogo:

It would be nice if someone here gave it a try to confirm the procedure as you've explained it.I started back in April(IIRC) and it took a few weeks to get things to act right because I had no clue what I was doing,just kept trying things until they worked

I normally use these programs as diagnostic tools when my burb has a problem and have helped a lot.For those who want to burn their own chips these programs are a necessity.

Almost forgot,you might add this link http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm to find an .xdf file for a particular vehicle.

Thank ya sir, I will add to the original post. And yeah, until someone tries to set this up from my write up I guess i'll never know lol, thinking back I do believe i've covered most.. But I know it took me a solid week of ASKING questions, not just reading :| Hopefully we getter simplified here one day, lol.