OBD1 ABS Power Brake Bleed - Kelsey Hayes 4wal - Snap-on MT2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I dont recall what your symptoms were that started this thread beyond needing to bleed the ABS system following having the hydraulic system open for some repairs.

General rule with parts quality is that "new" does not mean "good". Ive had several "new" parts be bad out of the sealed manufacturers package.

As for the missing wheel speed code, I'd start with checking connections and lead condition in the wheel well and work back from there.

Factory service manual is available to download from the sticky thread in the forum if you dont have it.

Reaction score
I dont recall what your symptoms were that started this thread beyond needing to bleed the ABS system following having the hydraulic system open for some repairs.

General rule with parts quality is that "new" does not mean "good". Ive had several "new" parts be bad out of the sealed manufacturers package.

As for the missing wheel speed code, I'd start with checking connections and lead condition in the wheel well and work back from there.

Factory service manual is available to download from the sticky thread in the forum if you dont have it.
Started the whole thread about the ABS. The goal is to figure out ABS Power Brake Bleed on OBD-1 (not 2) 1995 and older k/c series trucks. I want this information to benefit everyone. It's a goofy subject.

Reaction score
Quick update as of 12-22-23: The TECH2 is OUT-FOR-DELIVERY. Yeah, it only took a month+ coming out of China. I figured I should say something before this thread is considered abandoned. Stay Tuned

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
If you do get the bleed procedure to work, it would be cool if you could figure out a way to hijack the signal being sent to the ABS, so it can be replicated with a simple modern single purpose device. Basically plug a little box onto the port, press a button and voila, brake bleed procedure starts. It should be some sort of slow serial data connection. It could probably be done with an Arduino or the like.

Reaction score
If you do get the bleed procedure to work, it would be cool if you could figure out a way to hijack the signal being sent to the ABS, so it can be replicated with a simple modern single purpose device. Basically plug a little box onto the port, press a button and voila, brake bleed procedure starts. It should be some sort of slow serial data connection. It could probably be done with an Arduino or the like.
The concept you propose is valid with one BIG problem: CODING. The software would have to be specifically coded and I nor many others simply do not have that knowledge. That absolutely would be worth doing if I had said knowledge.

Reaction score
The TECH2 has finally arrived... although I absolutely must highlight a few things "IF" you decide to buy from autonumen. They are indeed out of CHINA, it will take a good month for it to arrive, they will ask for more money after purchase, and the tracking will suggest via the moon and back. Tracking states it came out of Bensenville, IL... so who the hell is Jerry out of Rancho Cucamong, CA? Nevertheless, it's here and even though there was a few goofy issues, it was worth it. Notice the price I paid: $313.68. This unit is brand new (untouched). This purchase included both the GM Software card and the CANDI TIS unit. You'll find slim pickin's on eBay with prices that'll make you wanna vomit. These vomit inducing prices are for USED units, CANDI TIS unit NOT INCLUDED and as far as the GM Software card is concerned... who knows. I am a bit pi$$ed because this FULL packaged unit costed wayyy less than all previous scanners. Also note the size of this BEAST. Just thought I'd share this before I plug it in and hope for the best.

Attachments

• autonumen.jpg
    autonumen.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 10
  • More Money.jpg
    More Money.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Travel History.jpg
    Travel History.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Box Postage.jpg
    Box Postage.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Paid $313.68.jpg
    Paid $313.68.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Additional Pictures

Attachments

• eBay.jpg
    eBay.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 9
  • LOT.jpg
    LOT.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 9
  • GM Software.jpg
    GM Software.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Size1.jpg
    Size1.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Size2.jpg
    Size2.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 10

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the early test units seem huge looking back. When I was at Ford and we started using the NGS ( new generation star ) , it looks like some PlayStation controller option now. Like a hammerhead , bigger than the tech 2. I really want to order a tech 2 but haven't really heard any opinions one way or another. So it will be good to hear about it, good or bad. Thanks, and good luck! :waytogo:
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Update:
Will be making a 2nd video this week.
Decided NOT to replace HUBS at this time and keep it an ABS manner in general.
New HUBS will come with new ABS censors however, the sensors themselves are cheap as dirt so it doesn't really matter.
Additionally, once the sensors are replaced and hoping no other issues are found, I will default back to the MT2500 first and see what happens next before continuing with the TECH2.

Attachments

• RockAuto.jpg
    RockAuto.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 8