O2 sensor woes 7.4 B2 S1 and B1 S2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scupper

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trouble shooting a dead O2 sensor on my 98 7.4l. I swapped the original OE one with a bosch one and it is still showing that it is dead on the live data. I am getting bias voltage on B2S1. I verified that I have low resistance between the ECM connector and the O2 sensor connector and all wires ring out with less than .5 ohms of resistance. Are there any issues with using the bosch O2 sensors? Could this possibly be a bad ECM? Starts fine and runs a little rough and you can tell it is running rich. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the ECM can't read the mixture, no O2 sensor input, it defaults to set programming mixture. Overly rich.. are you using a scanner to read , monitor O2 feedback? Sensor 1 each side is what feeds mixture input to ECM. Sensor 2 is feedback monitoring cat health for smog emissions.
Me, I use NGK/ NTK O2 sensors, some Bosch stuff is sketchy once in a while.
Can you swap in a good sensor to test , like left to right, see what happens?

Scupper

Reaction score
If the ECM can't read the mixture, no O2 sensor input, it defaults to set programming mixture. Overly rich.. are you using a scanner to read , monitor O2 feedback? Sensor 1 each side is what feeds mixture input to ECM. Sensor 2 is feedback monitoring cat health for smog emissions.
Me, I use NGK/ NTK O2 sensors, some Bosch stuff is sketchy once in a while.
Can you swap in a good sensor to test , like left to right, see what happens?
I am using my scanner to read. Bank 1 sens 1 works fine, so I am going to see about swapping that sensor over. I was hoping to do that as a last resort as I think it's the original sensor in there and I had a hell of a time getting Bank 2 sens 1 out lol.