Nv4500 to 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luis_C

Reaction score
If you could get the transmission with the engine and a complete wiring harness, including the PCM, that would be the easiest way to go. They are easily converted to a 3 wire standalone system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Chewy1576. Yea, that's what I'm looking at, this guy is selling me a wrecked 2002 Tahoe. $1500 for the whole truck. I'll need the a auto steering column, cluster, and what else sir from a gmt400? thank you...

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Chewy1576. Yea, that's what I'm looking at, this guy is selling me a wrecked 2002 Tahoe. $1500 for the whole truck. I'll need the a auto steering column, cluster, and what else sir from a gmt400? thank you...

If you already have a hole in the floor for a manual shifter, a floor mount ratchet shifter could be kinda cool and unique. That would also keep you from having to replace the column and gauge cluster. I'm assuming here but you could also Rob the rear end from the Tahoe for disc brakes if it's still usable?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:lol: It's like you guys have never driven a manual in stop and go traffic!

Seriously though I agree to a certain extent, seems like the majority of people are trying to swap autos for manuals. But... I can definitely see the appeal of an auto. If the truck is going to be primarily a pavement princess, and you don't see yourself beating on it at all, why not make it easier to drive?

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've considered a 4L80E swap because I can't shift with 2 car seats in a regular cab truck, then I laughed and did a burnout with my 6.3:1 low gear. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Luis_C

Reaction score
If you already have a hole in the floor for a manual shifter, a floor mount ratchet shifter could be kinda cool and unique. That would also keep you from having to replace the column and gauge cluster. I'm assuming here but you could also Rob the rear end from the Tahoe for disc brakes if it's still usable?

Imma have to look into that, I kinda want to get it up and running for now. Thank u sir

Luis_C

Reaction score
:lol: It's like you guys have never driven a manual in stop and go traffic!

Seriously though I agree to a certain extent, seems like the majority of people are trying to swap autos for manuals. But... I can definitely see the appeal of an auto. If the truck is going to be primarily a pavement princess, and you don't see yourself beating on it at all, why not make it easier to drive?

Exactly. I have the truck, and I also have a 6 speed Rsx. And I know straight drives are way more fun. But I get tired of having to shift up and down on slow traffic, and long drives.