NV4500 swap gurus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't hesitate to use a 241 either, they are plenty strong. You can use a chevy or dodge version with either trans, just use the appropriate input shaft. Chevy back half 241 with dodge input will let you keep your VSS signal, depending on what year truck this is going in to, or if you need it. Only downfall is the slip yoke, but it really is personal preference and trucks intended use.

I personally am using a chevy NV4500 with dodge bell, etc and my factory BW4401 in my truck. I just need to assemble the Cummins and install it.

Black an tan Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a 1990 k30 square body crew cab. Gonna most likely make it a short bed. Its gonna be a dd, haul trailers on occasion an just enjoy it kinda truck. Maybe ill pull a sled one day. But its gonna get roughly 6-8" of lift with 37s. Ain't gonna really build it for over 600hp, just wantin to get a good start an have my ducks in a row from the beginning. Completely building a truck like this is new to me, but im determined to do it