Northstar Swap/Vortec 4200 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to pick up a 4-53 cheap about 30yrs ago and passed because at the time I couldn't find a use for it. The guy brought it to me to see if I could get it running. That turned out to be an easy task. Hooked up a battery,fuel lines and shoved a water hose in the water pump. I don't think it made 4 revolutions when it lit off. Ran great!
A turbo 4-53 probably would make a good motor for ol Smoky but I want the 6V,just can't beat that sound!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had the chance to pick up a 4-53 cheap about 30yrs ago and passed because at the time I couldn't find a use for it. The guy brought it to me to see if I could get it running. That turned out to be an easy task. Hooked up a battery,fuel lines and shoved a water hose in the water pump. I don't think it made 4 revolutions when it lit off. Ran great!
A turbo 4-53 probably would make a good motor for ol Smoky but I want the 6V,just can't beat that sound!
Air starter and all..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Richard