No power to fuel pump 88 tbi 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally started working on my long term Scottsdale project, had this truck going on 10 years and finally started getting around to messing around with it. I replaced the fuel pump with a delco ep241 and am not getting any power to the plug on the frame. Not getting 12 volts at fuel pump fuse and only like 2.3 volts out of one of the wires on the fuel pump relay plug. Cant remember which one exactly. I KNOW I need to replace the battery as it’s from September of 2011 and dead as ****. With KOEO, I don’t have the check engine/ses light illuminate at all. Aside from the battery, where should I look next? Should I take a shot at swapping the ECM? I need to pull it anyways and see about sending it to dynamic efi to have RBOB install my ebl flash board I bought in 2012 (when self install was still an option [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Uhh, I'm just here to say we need to see pics of your truck. Looks to be a two tone brown quad eye, and that's marvelous.

Although.. If someone could post a schematic of the fuel pump circuit that would be great. The first issues I'd look into is why power isn't getting there and the lack of SES light. You're dead in the water without a functioning ECM.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OOOPS! hit the wrong button!
You must be registered for see images attach

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhh, I'm just here to say we need to see pics of your truck. Looks to be a two tone brown quad eye, and that's marvelous.

Although.. If someone could post a schematic of the fuel pump circuit that would be great. The first issues I'd look into is why power isn't getting there and the lack of SES light. You're dead in the water without a functioning ECM.

This is how it’s currently sitting, now that I’m giving it some attention. My parents owned this truck from a year old to about 1998 when they traded it in on a Dodge Grand Caravan. I found it in 2011 (vin matches the paperwork my mom still has for it). Glad I can bounce some ideas off you guys. I’ll check the fusible link, and of course replace the battery lol.

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a schematic. 1st thing I'd do is get a new battery.

Thanks for the schematic! Yeah the battery is gonna get replaced ASAP. Still gotta swap out the fuel filter too. Thought I’d be able to get by throwing it on a charger at work and it cranks fine, but still no fuel, or power to the pump.

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here’s how it’s basically sat at my mom’s house from September of 2011 to last March when I finally brought it out to Utah. Between buying a house 4 years ago and focusing on a steadily growing fleet of vehicles, this truck stayed on the back burner til my hometown city finally started to raise a stink about this truck sitting on the driveway.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Beautiful truck, love love love the color scheme. Get the original alloys from the era and that'll set it off.