No crank/No Starter kicking in Nothing at al

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenneth10ss

Reaction score
Let me start by the beginning i bought this truck 1998 silverado single cab with a rebuilt engine and transmission the previous owner said the swap has 35000 miles. Drove it from where i bought it to my house 3 hour drive it got home good, 10 minutes into my journey home i get a check engine light don’t think much of it. run the codes when i get home and i got these (P0131,P1133,P0300,P0171) i then replace distributer/spark plugs/ spark wires/ignition coil. i noticed the core support was bent so i removed the WHOLE front clip replaced fenders,core support,radiator(the plastic on it was broke) new ac condensor. I got this out of way and when i got back to building the front clip i don’t know if i left out any wire or ground unconnected because now the truck does not want to turn on at all no lights nothing at all. I’ve replaced Starter/Battery/ignition relay and nothing let me also remind you i don’t have much mechanical exprience so it is highly possible i left something unplugged. So please guide me with pictures if you have any questions let me know i will also upload pictures of the setup how it is now i do see that my lighting cable ground isn’t connected and the hood isn’t connected i also see 2 connections with the lighting wires not connected if someone could tell me what that is. Thanks to everyone.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have good battery voltage? Are your connections at the battery clean and tight.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there power to the underhood fuse box? I don't know how the vortecs are but on my 95 there is a wire that goes from the battery to that fuse block.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check and make sure there is power at the fuses would be easiest. Some of them only have power when the key is on but there is others that will have power all the time. Use a voltmeter or test light would be easiest.

Lou Merrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or, if you turn your key you should be able to hear your fuel pump prime up.
If so, you have power to the underwood fuse panel because that's where the relay for the fuel pump is.

kenneth10ss

Reaction score
Or, if you turn your key you should be able to hear your fuel pump prime up.
If so, you have power to the underwood fuse panel because that's where the relay for the fuel pump is.
whenever i turn the key you don’t hear anything no lights neither nothing it’s almost as if you didn’t turn the key

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Vortecs there's a ground on the front of the motor, next to the timing chain cover. If you leave it off you don't get power. Ask me how I know.