New with some baggin questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have read alot on this great forum but didn't sign up until today.

I'm just in the making of bagging my 91 Cheyenne longbed.
Haven't started a project thread because this will take some......years to finish
Will do the chassi first,then engine swap and finaly cab and bed.
As I was sayin I'm been reading alot how to bag etc and think I have most of it figured out......not everything though.

This is what I've done so far:
8" kick-up/notch at the rear(not mounted yet)
4-link with panhard bar(not mounted yet)
D2600 bags at the back overaxel mount(not mounted yet)
Cut up the springcups up front
Pie notch for clearanse lca and tierod
Notched both crossmembers

So....
I'm thinking of going with d2500 up front to get the extra clearance. Am I going to mess thing up with different bags front rear?

How big airtank do I need? See lot of guys runing two,is it really neccesary?

Compressor. I'm thinking one 480 but same here,see a lot of truck with two?

Have learned that you set the pinion angle the same as the joke from tranny. Have I got it right?

The goal is to lay frame. Do I have to relocate the gastank? Was planing to run with the oem tank in oem position

I'm gonna go with oem 15" steelies with 235 tires and also add 2" drop spindles. The angle of the uca balljoint is maxed out. Is this going to hold thogether..... saw this in another tread.....do I have to do this(donno what's called)
You must be registered for see images

Skickat från min SM-G389F via Tapatalk

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off welcome to the site. With the weight of the front i would definately stick with 2600# bags. 2500# bags are just fine for the rear unless your going into towing or loading down the back of the truck with some fine big booty women. The airtank is all in how you want to play. i have 1 5 gallon on (2) viair 444c's and its just fine for me. i get the truck up off the ground and back down twice if i want. The gas tank doesn't have to go away. there is a very good write up on this very forum i used to raise mine. if you abide by what the op says on it its a nice easy fix. unless your roads look like a cow path and your gonna scrape the tank anyways.

Unless you have some mad fabrication skills do yourself a favor and just get Moog balljoints upper and lower. they artriculate enough i don't think you'll bind but then again i didn't do the math.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Ok
I got a great deal on d2500 but then I will upgrade to d2600 istead

5 gl tank

Ok so if I go with moog balljoints I don't have to cut the uca as pic showed to lay out?

I was thinking of a single viaair 480c. Why two?

Found the wright up on the gas tank mod. Remember now that I've read it before

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mean 2500's in the front will work, as designed but i would believe you will probably get alittle floaty unless you have some shocks that dampen real well.

5 gal if you want, more if you want to play.

I'm running a 245/35r20 have stock control arms and pie cut frame. i lay, well i lay when my exhaust isn't on ha, im not sure how tall your tire is going to be on a stock 15. do you have the whole size, is it a 235/70r15 or something?

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have never had a bagged vehicle before. Thinking I'm gonna cruze low and lay out when parked, but you never know maybe I'm going to show off and play likecrazy

I'm going from my v6 to a 350 so I have no idea how the exhaust will be

How about dual compressors?

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm running 2 viair 444c's fill from 0 to 175 psi in about 5 minutes. from 120 to 175 in about 2 minutes. kinda loud but over the exhaust doesn't bother me.

my exhaust is stock y pipe so my front end lays on it. it will be getting chopped and replaced this winter.

what tire size are you considering.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok.
With single compressor it gets a little quieter but will have longer runningtime.....right?

Thought it was 235 but it's only 205 skinny whitewalls from my dads 91 caddy deville. Donno the profile. I have oem chevy steeles out of a g20 van. 15" ...maybe 7" wide...

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a single compressor will be slightly more quiet but not by much. and it will run a heck of a lot longer and shorten the life of the compressor.

if its a 205 anything i don't think its profile would prevent you from laying out much. the thing you have to look into is some drop spindles require a larger diameter wheel to clear the spindle.