New Ride- 96 Silverado Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickP

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a truck for a long time, finally pulled the trigger. 1996 Z71 from Georgia. I’m the 5th owner. 72,000 miles, 100% bone stock except for the wheels. Original paint and interior and it looks brand new. Bought as a weekend cruiser and occasional tow vehicle for my race car.

Nick

You must be registered for see images attach

NickP

Reaction score
Thanks all. I’ll post a few more “beauty shots” when I can get out in the wild. Very pleased so far, this truck is amazingly clean inside and out. I’m a long time Toyota Land Cruiser guy (80 and 100 Series) and decided to switch things up with the Chevy truck. I hope the community is similar to LC world with a crew of enthusiasts who like to share info and provide help along the way. The people are what make the car hobby fun. Hopefully I can contribute as well.

Nick

HillcrestFarm

Reaction score
Welcome to the group! That is a nice looking truck. Loved to see more pictures and any backstory if you know it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NickP

Reaction score
Backstory is probably a pretty familiar one to many. I’ve wanted a pickup for some time. In my garage I currently have 2 aircooled Porsches; a 73 911S coupe that is mostly an occasional driver and show car, and a 72 911 S/T which is a purpose built canyon carver/track car. I’m also on the hunt for a modern Porsche to scratch that itch. I’m looking at 07 997.1 GT3 RS’s and/or a 16 Cayman GT4. All topics for a different forum...

Anyways, one night while surfing Hemmings or Autotrader I came across the 96 K1500 and found my way to the dealers website that had this truck. The dealer, Jabaay Motors is in Indiana about 50 miles south of Chicago. They specialize in Corvettes but carry nice trucks and other cars, both imports and domestics. I called and spoke to the owner and learned that this truck spent its entire life in Georgia, mostly in northern Atlanta suburbs. I’m the 5th owner. The 4th owner had the car in a large collection and basically stored it for the past 13 years amassing less than 10,000 miles in that time.

So its has been a well cared for truck and now that I have it I’m 100% sure its never been in the dirt or off road in any way. There is no dirt or grime anywhere and it even looks like the door jams have the original grease applied by the factory. The underside is equally nice and rust free! This rig is clean!

I took it to my local indy mechanic for a baseline this week asking him to replace all fluids. He called me back and said it wasn’t necessary except for oil (just because), and front & rear diff. Everything else he inspected was fresh and clean. I verified the paint is all original and in fantastic shape. Whoever detailed this truck prior to my purchase knew what they were doing. Receiving a black vehicle without swirl marks was a shocker. As expected, everything works and is in excellent condition. So far I’m really happy with my find. I’ll post some photos soon; been busy with work and life since it arrived.

I’ll daily drive this until the new Bronco I ordered arrives which could be several months. Since I work from home I dont amass a bunch of miles but whatever. I will replace the radio and speakers with a single DIN system to get Bluetooth and satellite radio but of course I will keep the original radio (which is terrible in every respect). Other than than I’ll keep everything stock and let my 70 lb yellow lab enjoy the fresh air while she rides happily in the bed. More to come. Nick

Last edited: