New Ride- 96 Silverado Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking truck, and I like your other choices in cars as well.
I find it very interesting that a bona fide car guy of means like yourself looks at a 400 as almost aspirational.
Says something about the direction these trucks are headed.
Welcome.

NickP

Reaction score
Thanks. I think the styling of the GMT 400 platform (and especially the OBS) will endure like the action series Chevy trucks from 67-72. The only miss (in my opinion) is the design and quality of interior plastics and GM assembled the dash and most of the interior. The venerable 350 motor is great as are the majority of the accessories like the AC, 4WD, etc. I also think the “like a rock” advertising for these trucks still resonates and helps keep this series in the minds of many.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool getting the Z71 and ZR1 in the same picture.

I'm a Corvette guy but I hang out with the Porsche guys at the track as my uncle owns a number of them. The GT4 is sweetness. I've tracked it a couple of times. He sold it for a 718 Clubsport which I haven't had the privilege of driving yet. Sorry for the tangent ...