Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmaples531

Reaction score
Along with the horrific, what feels like torque converter shuddering this 1997 K1500 Vortec 5.7 occasionally gets, which could be related, I’m wanting to know what can be done about my P0341/0 code that comes and goes, sometimes fixes itself, other times, can be cleared and doesn’t come back for weeks. The truck runs great sometimes, then others, it’ll throw this code and run bad. I have replaced the cam sensor, it has a brand new GM Genuine distributor. I’ve been told it could be timing chain, but I feel that there would be other codes present. It’s only this code and an occasional 02 code that ever sets. Awful shuddering sometimes in overdrive. Wires look good, getting good power. Brand new GM Genuine PCM. I’m at my wits end. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_3530.jpeg
    IMG_3530.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Jackaru

Reaction score
Is the distributer set to 0 degrees +/- 2 @ at least 1000 rpm, as read on a diagnostic scanner? If out of those parameters, the computer may be having trouble adjusting your timing and will definately throw the code.

jmaples531

Reaction score
Is the distributer set to 0 degrees +/- 2 @ at least 1000 rpm, as read on a diagnostic scanner? If out of those parameters, the computer may be having trouble adjusting your timing and will definitely throw the code.
The Distributor is perfectly in time, along with a brand new timing chain. The truck shudders and jumps after being put under a load at operating temperature. I believe it's wiring now but I cannot find the issue. I have even swapped computers and it still throws the exact same code. Everything reads perfectly but now the code stays on constantly.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Distributor is perfectly in time,
HOW do you know?

P0341 =
www.carparts.com/blog/p0341-code-camshaft-position-sensor-a-circuit-range-performance-bank-1-or-single-sensor/

P0340 = the generic code for the same thing.

Connect a scan tool, rev engine to 1100 rpm, look for CMP Retard or some similar phrase. Make sure the CMP Retard stays consistently within + or - 2 degrees.

If possible, look at the voltage waveform for the cam sensor--make sure it's regular, with no dropouts or unusual voltage variances.