new radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i got a alpine cde 123 for my truck. istall was easy and simple. at first i thought all speakers workd then the back doors didnt. there are open holes in the plug so i put a wire around the orange and ran that to power and they workd but kept my radio on without key. i had it shoved in open slot in fuse panel. so now i un did that and it fixd that but now it seems the back doors work? im confused lol. whats the correct way to get power to the back door speaker amp on a 4dr tahoe?

pics from install http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.3011197401942.161353.1322711968&type=1

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice i like those switches to where did you get them if you don't mind me asking.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Your rear speaker outputs from the HU need to be wired to the rear amp input if you have one. Otherwise they should just go straight to the speakers.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On this body style burb's, Tahoe's, and Yukon's, if there is a an amp for the rear speaker's then you have to hook up the aftermarket head unit's power ant./amp turn on wire to the factory wiring lead for power ant./amp, I have owned 2 burb's that were both that way. Just usually there is no need to hook it up in a truck because there is factory no amp or power ant.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats what i did^ but when i do door speakers and subs ill run a new amp for the 4 doors and not use the roof speakers and have subs on an amp in the rear too

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Nice job. Did that "gap plate" around the HU come with it, or did you buy it separate? I like that it looks semi stock and doesn't bulge. Let us know how you like it. I'm going to be in the market soon.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got that from auto zone. its adjustable and i could slide the radio out but it would look dumb then so i have it flush and i think it looks pretty good. i love the hu but i need speakers bad they sound terrible. im going to delete the roof speakers in back and just have subs back and then the 4 door speakers