new parts!!! what do you transmission guys think?? flex plate torque converter 2000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea but IM should be like a stick shift, if you leave the 2 lane, blacktop, not the strip at 2k the tires should spin like crazy with street tires, not hot and sticky like the track or race slicks.

But if that's how all of them are, then yea good for strip, not good for street.

Reaction score
But if that's how all of them are, then yea good for strip, not good for street.

youre right. stall converters are mostly for the track or people who like to street race!:)
a vehicle that launches at a prticular stall and does not spin the tires is considered to be "set up properly"

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's awesome info right there, kind of like the s-10 converters and the old vega converter trick.

Now I was told that maybe my TC was bad, but I aint sure, the car drove just fine no slippage, the stall worked, hold the brakes and rev to 2k and dump the brakes, or it'd flash to 2k. The car had 215/65's on it and 3.42's with a th350 and b&m stage 2 shift kit. it would bark em going into 3rd and a long chirp going into 2nd, still does, but off the line it only burn em a bit, like not even 30 seconds, or much after 5 feet or so. it'd just suqeal some and last for about 10-20 seconds maybe of little over 5 feet at best.

Now it has a stock 305 in it, stock TC, same gears, same tires, and you hit it now and it'll just smoke em, you can't hardly touch the gas without it breaking tires loose. We hit it once by dad's house left a good 10 footer, and it was just smoking the tire, no brake stand either.

I know the motor aint bad either, it used to be very nasty when it lived in our 76 with a 3 spd manual and posi rear end. Plus it's in dad's truck now and he has 2.73's and 255/60's and it'll burn them about like it did in the monte carlo, with a stock tc in the truck and stock th350. Going to upgrade to 3.90's soon should be fun then.

now im begining to regret my converter choice, i mean i want to have a good launch but dont want to mess up with the smokey take of 60ft burnout! on the other hand its only 1800 to 200 stall so only about 400 over stock.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
you can smoke your tires with a 305? My truck will maybe squeal a bit...if I got really fast around a corner and the pavement is hot....

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the 305 in the MC with 3.42's will smoke em.

As for your choice, hate to say it man but that's same stall as mine 1900-2100.

I think I preffer mine not setup right lol.

would be cooler to leave a redlight packing the front wheels though, compared to smokeing tires.

Dont feel bad though man I had no idea either until I tried it, good to know the TC aint bad though, it's supposed to do that.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am not going to say whether you will like your slightly higher stall or not, that's personal preference but I have seen some truck's with a higher stall convertor, that launch like a rocket, and can spin the tires at will in the lower rpm's.