New overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the tabs on the console itself, and then what if theres no holes in the roof of the truck then id have to drill my own then right?

That is correct. I haven't installed an Overhead Console in a regular cab yet. But if there isn't the slots in the roof, then i would trim the tabs off the overhead console, and fasten the console directly to the roof. In which case you will have to drill 2 holes or you might even be able to get by using a short (1/2" or less) self tapping screw.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Dont know if you can get away with using 1/2" or less screws. I believe there is about an inch of clearance between the 2 skins. Cant say for sure. I havent paid much attention to it whenever I had the headliner out of all the trucks Ive worked on.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1/2" Should be enough to hold it up there good in the rear, in this case it's better to start with to short. Cuz if the screw is to long, you could end up with a screw through the upper skin and that would be NOT good! I guess you could always try 1/2" and if it isn't strong enough move up to a 3/4"!