New Rear Glass Leaks On Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYDeer

Reaction score
Just some Permatex flowable silicone from the parts store. The glass company left a big 1/4 inch gap at the top, so I used a whole tube to fill the gap. Was it the right thing to do? Probably not....but it doesn't leak there anymore.
Great! My son said urethane is preferred over silicone for windshields, but all the urethane sealants I an seeing are thick, toothpaste consistency. Definitely will not flow much into the small voids. Will get the flow able silicone. Thanks!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great! My son said urethane is preferred over silicone for windshields, but all the urethane sealants I an seeing are thick, toothpaste consistency. Definitely will not flow much into the small voids. Will get the flow able silicone. Thanks!
Yes, flowable silicone is what you need. That stuff, works grate for windshield, back windows, or any window, that is in a fixed position. I even used it on the gasket, on my 1979 Corvette T-tops. Anywhere you need something to flow in, and seal.
You must be registered for see images attach