New overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Found a 95 Yukon at the junkyard today. Grabbed a much needed driver side fender. Took a minute to look inside, not needing anything just being nosey, and seen a perfect overhead console! Best part about it was that the interior on the 95 was the same blue as my 93 Silverado!!! Tomorrow afternoon the console and fender will be installed, ducks unlimited dinner tonight.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The overhead consoles are a nice addition to the interior man! I installed a overhead console in my 94' a few months back, I really like mine!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
The rear clips are in great place and I cut the headliner to find the hook up points....The front screw and post are missing :( I have the post up front to the right but not the screw or post for the screw. Any ideas to mount the front?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Did you guys need to move your rear view mirror location after installing the console?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, you deffinatly don't have to move your rearview mirror! The console sits well above the mirror. Here's a pic i went out and took real quick for ya. Sorry it's a little blurry, but you can see how high the console sits when mounted properly.

You must be registered for see images attach

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Thats exactly the one I have. I found all the correct mounting spots in the roof though. What do you have in place of the display at the very front?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's just a heater delete plate, mine came out of a 94' Suburban and it had the heater controls in that spot. Needless to say i didn't want a useless set of controls up there lol So i bought the plate for it, really adds to the clean look IMO. As far as mounting your Overhead Console in the front, just take a little butterfly clip and slip it over the metal hole in the roof of your cab and screw it up through the hole in the Overhead console. That's what i did and it worked like a charm :D