New overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm not into sunglasses (probably should wear them to protect my eyes!), but I didn't think people wore Oakleys any more......... I remember those were THE glasses to have in the early 90's!

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
can i ask, how do you find the mounting spots without tearing up your liner?

Its simple. The front screws in and the back slides in. So all I did was line up the console with the dome light so it was even. I put tape upside down on the slide tabs and took a pick tool through the screw hole. The tape stuck where you need to trim and the pick tool left a hole where it needs to be screwed. I cut out about 1 1/2 inch square so you can put in a speed clip for the screw and I trimmed a little wider than the slide tabs for a lil wiggle room.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Wow, you did a lot. I winged it! Put the console on the roof and cut ahead of where I thought the rear clips would be (console will cover any mistakes). Found them on the first attempt. Lucky I guess.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I'm not into sunglasses (probably should wear them to protect my eyes!), but I didn't think people wore Oakleys any more......... I remember those were THE glasses to have in the early 90's!

What "people" wearing now! I must not be cool anymore, I cant keep up with the fashion trends :)

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score

What are "people" wearing now! I must not be cool anymore, I cant keep up with the fashion trends :)

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Post up a picture of your console mounted man![/QUOTE]

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't be man! It's simple, just set the console in place over the headliner, then mark where the edges of the console are at. Then measure in on the console to where the mounting tabs are, and then take that measurement to your headliner and mark it. Just remember that any mistakes you make will be hidden by then console once it is installed. It's a piece of cake, just measure 3 times and cut once!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Tyler has a regular cab - will he have the slots for the rear clips?