New overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
It's just a heater delete plate, mine came out of a 94' Suburban and it had the heater controls in that spot. Needless to say i didn't want a useless set of controls up there lol So i bought the plate for it, really adds to the clean look IMO. As far as mounting your Overhead Console in the front, just take a little butterfly clip and slip it over the metal hole in the roof of your cab and screw it up through the hole in the Overhead console. That's what i did and it worked like a charm :D

Where did you find that delete plate? I have been looking high and low for one and cant find one anywhere. All the consoles have the heater controls. I made a plate for mine but I would prefer to have the stock plate. I use that spot to mount my GPS.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you find that delete plate? I have been looking high and low for one and cant find one anywhere. All the consoles have the heater controls. I made a plate for mine but I would prefer to have the stock plate. I use that spot to mount my GPS.

I had the same problem you did! I checked all the junk yards around my area for the plate, and GM wanted $38 for one because there discontinued. A member on FSC named "addiction2bass" found me one in ohio and shipped to me for $12. I'll see if i can dig up the link for ya!

EDIT: Here's the link to my original wanted thread over on FSC:http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...602-overhead-console-heater-delete-plate.html

Last edited:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
It's in! The front isnt as tight to the roof as I would like it but it looks good. I'll play with it more tomorrow.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
MY OAKLEY'S DONT FIT IN THE CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of the main reasons I wanted this thing. I cant believe they wont fit in the glasses holder. :(

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MY OAKLEY'S DONT FIT IN THE CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of the main reasons I wanted this thing. I cant believe they wont fit in the glasses holder. :(

Well your first problem is you bought oakleys!! lol Seriously though, not many sunglasses will fit in the glasses holder. I just use the visor sunglass clips, they work good. But i keep like 4 sets in my truck for different applications. Post up a picture of your console mounted man!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I'm talking with 88GMCtruck about a filler piece he may have. I will get pics up tomorrow, tried tonight but it's too dark.

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mounted a couple of gauges in mine.
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]