New mirrors on '94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beaver's Chevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,
Just joined, but have been searching this forum for a few months to educate myself on mods. Any recommendations on replacing the old factory stainless steel mirrors with the later model mirrors? There are lots out there, I just don't want to buy poor quality/fitment. Also, any advice on the ones with rear facing signals in the glass? Difficult to wire in? Thanks in advance for the help and look forward to learning all I can from you guys on future mods.

Erin

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
The 97+ mirrors fit all the gmt400 trucks and is a great upgrade over the older style. You can usually pick up a pair at a junk yard for $25-30. You can have these retro fitted with the turn signals built into the glass but its kinda pricey at around $250 if I remember right. Wiring them in shouldn't be too bad either if you just tap into the front signal on each side.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the company that makes the conversion glass.
http://www.muthco.com/

Beaver's Chevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Rewind.

Pierced - Great lookin truck. I don't mind spending the money, kinda like the idea of adding new standard equipment to an old truck. What I'm really after is a recommendation on brand or source for new mirrors with factory fitment. I'm going to have them painted to match and don't want to mess with used.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
'95 and up mirrors will work just fine, can either go get some to clean up from the junkyard or buy some off the internet.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Welcome to the site though I cannot help you on what you want to know

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Rewind.

Pierced - Great lookin truck. I don't mind spending the money, kinda like the idea of adding new standard equipment to an old truck. What I'm really after is a recommendation on brand or source for new mirrors with factory fitment. I'm going to have them painted to match and don't want to mess with used.

If you are going to have them painted and want the best quality then really a good working set of used ones would be best to have painted and put on, OEM is better then aftermarket by a long shot and if I was going to spend good money to have them painted like you I would want to use the best mirrors, which sadley would be used OEM ones.

Beaver's Chevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome JAW's.

doyouknowme549 - Do you know how the Depo's fit? The price is definitely cheap, but I've seen some cheap mirror that fit that way too.

Does anyone have late model mirrors from an aftermarket manufacturer with good fitment? With or without signals.

Thanks, Erin