New here just picked up a 1990 K3500 Dually 7.4L TH400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello, wasn’t planning on buying this truck but it found me the past weekend. After seeing maintenance records and receipts I couldn’t pass on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Very nice dually! Love the scenery too, makes the black and silver truck look even better! Ready to tackle anything you need it to.
Welcome to the forum!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Very nice. What's your axle ratio? I wonder what your mileage/RPM will be without OD. I've got a TH400 in my Buick, but the rear axle is a 2.XX.

Reaction score
I looked at the RPO codes and believe the rear diff to be a 4:10 (GT5). I don't have a tach but it felt like about 3K running 65-70mph for the 1 hour trip home after purchase. I did the math and it got 10.6 MPG.

Previous owner said the engine was replaced at 75K miles. Odometer showing 118K miles but the odometer has been broke at least 18 months based on service records (going to swap plastic gear or cluster).

TH400 replaced with reman unit last summer, owner had full receipts and warranty from local shop.