New guy from Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbesass

Reaction score
Hi
I just picked up a 1997 Silverado 1500 4x4 z71. Probably paid too much for a rig that needs transmission, shocks, new steering parts, ac work, headliner, etc. But the body is in fantastic condition. No rust, no dents. Interior looks good except the headliner.

I feel good about the purchase and at the same time am thinking, what did I get myself into? Sometimes I feel like this was a fantastic idea and then a minute later total regret. Oh well, I’m all in now.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont feel bad. We've had ours for 23yrs. Yes the first 5 yrs was problem free since new. After that small stuff went out (ac, catalytic con, fuel pump) then after that the big stuff, trans , head gasket , rear end) there's been some frustration days lol. But 472k miles later just learned to get over it and fix it. Sometimes just to get by other times for modifying. Keep your head up. There not so bad lol :)

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi
I just picked up a 1997 Silverado 1500 4x4 z71. Probably paid too much for a rig that needs transmission, shocks, new steering parts, ac work, headliner, etc. But the body is in fantastic condition. No rust, no dents. Interior looks good except the headliner.

I feel good about the purchase and at the same time am thinking, what did I get myself into? Sometimes I feel like this was a fantastic idea and then a minute later total regret. Oh well, I’m all in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imo, body and interior in good condition is the most important.
the mechanical stuff, easy to repair/replace at reasonable prices.