New guy from Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbesass

Reaction score
Got the transfer case out still need to get bell bolts and converter bolts. That’s the only thing left besides cooling lines. Hopefully have the transmission back by the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must be registered for see images attach

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello from Portland! I only regret I let mine go, but I got a lot of good support from this forum when I had it.

They are great trucks, have a lot of parts in the yards, auto parts stores and aftermarket. That is probably what I miss the most, you find a straight frame/body, anything else is easily and usually inexpensively fixed.

Good find.

rbesass

Reaction score
Hello from Portland! I only regret I let mine go, but I got a lot of good support from this forum when I had it.

They are great trucks, have a lot of parts in the yards, auto parts stores and aftermarket. That is probably what I miss the most, you find a straight frame/body, anything else is easily and usually inexpensively fixed.

Good find.

Thank you. I have had other projects and the parts were not available. It is nice having them available most everywhere.

rbesass

Reaction score
I dig the wheel ramps and the skateboard creeper. Work with what you got. :waytogo:

Used the skateboard under my head. The wheels are pretty stable and provide enough clearance to get the transmission out but not on the jack.
My daughter saw me using her skateboard and ordered me a creeper on amazon [emoji23].

rbesass

Reaction score
Front end is rebuilt and transmission is in. Took the truck hunting. Drove about 700 miles round trip no issues. Before the trip I replaced the oil cooling lines as they were leaking. Four-wheel drive isn’t working. Transfer case shifts but I think the actuator in the front end is shot or there is a wiring issue.

Last edited:

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
...Four-wheel drive isn’t working. Transfer case shifts but I think the actuator in the front did is shot or there is a wiring issue.

I had the actuator go twice - then got the kit below to fix it in the summer, but just ended up buying an actuator again and selling it. If you want to fix it permanently you can have this - PM me:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I had the actuator go twice - then got the kit below to fix it in the summer, but just ended up buying an actuator again and selling it. If you want to fix it permanently you can have this - PM me:

How much was that kit BTW? I see they also make one for the blue oval. So I can suggest it to whoever I can dump it on....that's one of its many issues (4wd doesn't work, either actuator or switch).

rbesass

Reaction score
Lift is completed and new wheels and tires. It’s really coming together. Just a few small things ant I’ll be done fixing. Have some nurf bars but I need to modify the mounting hardware before they can go on.