New from Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
New here but familiar with @Shaggy from the Tahoe/Yukon Forum.

Chevy fan thru and thru. My girl owns the 1990 K2500 Ext Cab and a 2002 TrailBlazer and I own a 2005 Tahoe Z71.

Retired ASE Master Tech and plan on some work on my girl's GMT400. I will eventually do a Build Thread

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I will get some pics asap. It only has 129k miles on it. Has a canopy on it, too.

I actually used it today to go to the Ford dealer and pick up a Ford long block for my neighbor. Gonna install a new engine and transmission after 1st of year. Came in a two piece shipping container and went right in there.

So, again, pics asap.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New here but familiar with @Shaggy from the Tahoe/Yukon Forum.

Chevy fan thru and thru. My girl owns the 1990 K2500 Ext Cab and a 2002 TrailBlazer and I own a 2005 Tahoe Z71.

Retired ASE Master Tech and plan on some work on my girl's GMT400. I will eventually do a Build Thread

Welcome! Crazy end or the normal end of Oregon? ;)

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome! Crazy end or the normal end of Oregon? ;)
I live in Eugene but am working toward a move to the coast between Coos Bay and Lincoln City. Florence would be closest but would hold out for a better fit. I am retired but still work on vehicles on the side. Have to find a place at coast with a garage and driveway, at least.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, here are some pics but I will take more tomorrow, especially of the inside:

You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Very nice truck. I like the canopy.
Thank you. When I moved in with her 1.5 years ago, it needed some work. 1st was a new steering gear because the one that was installed a year ago, back then, had too much play and could not be adjusted out. I know, I tried to adjust it myself. Yes, I inspected the steering sector shaft and found no problems and the rest of the steering linkage was tight. I fully inspected the suspension and was tight as well. I also checked the steering gear mount at the frame. The old shop warrantied it and n/c on the realign. Been fine since.

I fixed a transmission fluid leak where the cooling lines had been butchered and had hoses installed with worm gear clamps. This spring or summer I am going to install solid cooling lines and get rid of the hoses I installed with multiple band clamps. I check them and they stay dry. The engine valve seals will also be done this summer. If needs guides, I will remove heads and send out. This truck has the 5.7 engine. The rest of the truck, except for the radio and cassette/equalizer being bad, is in great shape. The interior is in great shape.

I have a thread started about the radio and equalizer/cassette problem.