Need some coaching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Weiant2001, now you know where to find the three wires that you'll need to use if you want to add your own high-low switch.

I can't tell you if the colors will still be the same (YEL, TAN, GRN) on a 1994, but I would guess it's likely.

Weiant2001

Reaction score
Section 3F1B-1 of the service manual would have definitely been a HUGE help and time saver when I was going through this process in the first place. It seems in the reading, i tore the thing down farther than i needed to. But hind sight is 20/20.

What I am seeing in section 8B-6, Figure 7, the yellow wire ties into the power side and the lt green is the ground. Unfortunately the only schematic i see is for the DRL system.

So it'll be a game time decision on if I just pull the high beam switch and wire in a new one....ooooor pull everything back a part and put the actuating rod back where it is supposed to go.

Weiant2001

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, but, after findings this button...I really want to put it on the button switch, if for anything, because its funny.

You must be registered for see images attach