need more power!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhuffmanintn

Reaction score
I need to get more power out of my 91 c1500 short bed/cab. I have the 4.3 TBI with the 700 trans. The thing is a dog, especially with the air on. I was thinking about trying a hypertech chip, but don't know if that will be enough. it doesn't have be be over the top. I thought about trying to turbo/supercharging, but everywhere I look is very expensive. Dont really want to do an engine swap, kinda wanted to make the 4.3 work somehow...any suggestions? If anyone knows of a good link for turbo/supercharging that would be helpful. and info about the performance chip would be appreciated.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cam would probably net you best gains. Now I'm not that familiar with building up a 4.3L, but Comp Cam makes some cams for them. You'd have to check if your heads are lift restricted and such things.

Now I do know that the 4.3L came in a 225hp flavor in boats. Not sure on the engine configuration, but I imagine you'd be able to get that out of a truck too.

http://www.compperformancegroupstor...GY&Store_Code=CC&Category_Code=CHEV466Cam43FT

89-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be the first one to toss this out there, but a 350 would end up being cheaper than trying to boost the V6 in the long run.