Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im new to subs and amps. I found a 12" crossfire sub and a 1200 watt soundstorm amp for $130, the sub is already in a box. I was wondering if this was a good deal, I'm just looking for something that gives me some bass and has a decent kick. Thanks for the help guys

1998ECSB4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not that bad although personally i don't buy used subs anymore. Should be better than stock, just don't turn the gain all the way up

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended up buying a 10" kicker with bx new from best buy. I hooked up the RCA cables to the deck and now what do I plug them into? there's positive and negative plug ins on the box and I'm assuming those are for the amp, what do I hook the RCA cables to? I suck with electronics so I'm not sure what to do

1998ECSB4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you don't know about amps, make sure you have the subsonic at 20-25hz or so no bass boost and the gain at less half down (some go from 6v to .2v) lower is full gain and higher is no gain.

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll just need speaker wire from amp to sub just make sure you wire to right ohms to get most from your amp

PrunetuckyMuddin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I think I understand what to do now. Just to make sure, I don't hook the sub to the deck right? And the sub has a 300 watt max, so what amp should I get to go with it